Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall

Today is the first day of Fall. I love Fall. It is my favorite season by far. However, this year I am a little bit sad about it. Usually on the first day of Fall I would wear a comfy sweater and light my favorite candle. I would dring hot tea and read my favorite book with some lovely relaxing music playing in the background. This year is different. I am not in a place that feels the seasons. I cannot wear a sweater or drink hot tea because I would die. I cannot light my candle because the air conditioner blows out the flame when I place the candle in the only safe spot in my room. I have Michael Buble playing in my room but it is different without the soft Autumn breeze and the light murmer of campers. I may read but I am having trouble finding a fitting book for this moment because I couldn't bring my entire collection with me (I had to leave three large boxes of books at home :'( ) It is all different and very sad. I know that I am in the right place. I like school. I love learning. I enjoy the fact that I have taken the next step in my life. But today I am slightly morose.

No comments: